Thursday, July 5, 2012

Enough, is Enough

Enough, is Enough

Well, over the years I have kept telling myself I need to lose weight. My biggest problem when facing this was not the task itself, always the mindset. Let me explain. 

I have always struggled with my weight, ever since Elementary school, I was usually the heaviest in my class. Usually, being this way would have a toll on ones, say, self-esteem. Well, this case is no different. It did have a toll on my self-esteem, but not in the negative aspect. I have always been heavy, and I have learned to be "okay" with that. I learned to be happy with who I was on the inside, because well, I wasn't happy with who I was on the outside. I always told myself-if someone loved me, it would be for who i was, and not what I looked like. 

If I am so comfortable with who I am as a person, why am I suddenly going to start losing weight? This answer is simple. Quality of life. Being "big" comes with certain health risks, that someone would have to be dumb to put on themselves, by choice. I don't want to have a heart-attack when I am 30. I have avoided diabetes...and other risks of being extremely overweight, but I have also avoided the doctors. I want children in the close-future and I do not want to set a bad example for them. I also want to be able to play with them, without getting tired in 10 minutes. I also would hate to willingly put on them what I went through when I was young, and over weight. 

Losing weight. Now. That is what it comes down to. 

So, as a little extra motivation, I have decided to hold no boundaries. I will be exposing myself (not in the literal sense, of course). I will no longer be hiding behind my own knowledge of my weight and image. I will be exposing it to all of you. I will be doing this in hopes that knowing, that you know, will help me change that number, to something I am proud of, instead of ashamed of. 

Well, here it goes, no more procrastinating.

My name is Kinsey. I am 23 years of age. I stand at 5'7", and I am 306 lbs

Here I am, The Blob, of this Blog. 

Welcome to my journey.







14 comments:

  1. Hey Kinsey, ENCOURAGEMENT is what you need to help you on your journey, and there are so many diets out there, you never know which one you want to be on or which one is good for you but i do know that Counting your Carbohydrates is the number one way to loose weight, i know as i lost 56 lbs, do not cut calories just eat 50 carbs a day or less and get rid on the bread, pasta, potatoes and rice, if you need help i will help you as i have found some excellent recipes and i do not go hungry and i get to eat a lot of food :) Let me know if i can help <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went on the atkins diet when I was in the 9th grade. I started at 212, and ended at 160 = 52lbs lost, so I do know what a huge toll carbs play in the weight world, but I also know having a diet made up of mostly meat, isn't much better lol. I would love recipes and any advice you are willing to give! My cousin shayna has been giving me some great advise as well! <3

      Delete
    2. i dont just eat meat, i eat veggies, salads, have ice cream and would be glad to send you my recipes, i will send when i can. i have learned to substitute low carb tortillas for my bread and i eat the Orowheat Sandwich thins for HB buns and sandwich bread along with dinner rolls, it works and they taste good, i can eat anywhere as long as i take the tortillas with me and pull everything off onto the tortilla, like HB's, sub shops, etc, just cannot eat pizza, potatoes (only sweet potatoes) rice and no pasta except for Dreamfields pasta from Smiths. Good luck with your diet i will send you my recipes :)

      Delete
  2. Girl, I am so happy for you and so proud! I know you can do it! I am with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you shayna! You have been such a huge help in all of this! YOU are WONDERFUL!

      Delete
  3. PS i don't like the name of your Blog, might consider changing it to something pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog name will become prettier, as I do ;) lol. It's just fun humor. I don't consider myself a 'blob', good self esteem, remember? ;)

      Delete
  4. Proud of you Kinsey. You have always been and will always be BEAUTIFUL! I'll be cheering you on! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much aunt tami! You are just so sweet <33

      Delete
  5. This a very tough thing to do. I also need to lose weight. Its definitely not easy, but once you make your goal, it makes it all worth it. If you need a work out buddy let me know. I am just starting out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definately let you know! Right now I am taking working out slow, but once it gets more developed we will talk :) good luck to you!!

      Delete
  6. You are awesome!! If you ever need an exercise buddy, let me know!! We need to get together, seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alyssa! We certainly do need to get together, you would never guess we live so close together now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy for you! Let me know what I can do to help. You know I'll do anything and everything for you! love you! Although even though you've been heavy, you were very athletic, you can do it and play football with your nephews when they get bigger!

    ReplyDelete